Out and about with family or out of town guests this fall and winter? Here’s a sampling of ideas to keep the crowd happy!
- Whooa! West Chester Railroad’s ever popular Santa’s Express is already SOLD OUT! However, you can still jump on the fall Foliage Express. Being a Thornbury resident, I never tire of the train horn as it pulls into Glen Mills station on weekends. West Chester Railroad
- The model Train display at the Brandywine River Museum has been dazzling children and adults alike for years. Check out their display and list of December events from yoga to read-aloud and pajama parties for the kiddos!
- Downtown West Chester’s annual tradition: Christmas Parade is December 1st!
- Have you taken tea at Thornton’s the Orchard Tea Room? I’ve fallen in love with the idea of afternoon tea thanks to this refined yet blissful spot with knowledgeable tea sommelier Karen Donnelly. Finish up with shopping in the Rose Hip Barn. Check schedule for openings.
- Now in it’s 3rd year, the Holiday Market at Grace Winery , was an instant hit from day one. Featuring our favorite vendors from the Thornton Farmers market and more. It’s a barn party where you can drink wine, mingle with friends and stock up on great gifts from local artisans! I
- The scary Bates Motel transforms into a winter wonderland at Araspha Farms in Glen Mills. Cut your own tree or buy one from the lot–either way you can take a holiday hayride through the open fields of this beautiful working farm in Edgmont township. If you like caroling, then step on over to Linvilla Orchards in Media for a caroling hayride through their 300 acres!
- Wanna get crafty? Check out upcoming events at the Media Arts Council!
- If travelling with kids who may not have tolerance for the time commitment of Longwood Gardens, why not try out the Festival of Lights at Rose Tree Park in Media? It’s perfect, it’s free , it’s close and kids love it. I haven’t found the schedule for 2017, but will likely start the first weekend in December.
Here is the Media Calendar of Events. And don’t forget the Santa Parade and Fun Run in Media on November 26th!